ANNOUNCEMENT: On May 10, 2018 ArtInspired will be launching our premier issue of ✨✨✨✨CREATIVES AND DREAMERS Magazine!! ✨✨✨ We will have features on our members and other awesome stories, inspirational topics and much more We want to keep you beautiful people in our community thriving and this is our way of giving back to the wonderful contributions you have made since we started last year. This publication will come out every two months and we will be giving you more information on how to be featured and how to collaborate with us. I want to thank our initial contributors and our staff for all the work we have achieved so far I am very excited to get this project rolling!
Are you a part of the collective? Join us!
I had the wonderful honor of speaking at Riverside Childcare Development Center in Newport News, VA this past Thursday – where I met really lovely people who were very engaging to me and the message I was offering. I am very grateful!
Here are the points that I covered…
- Head to Toe Stretch Daily
- Breathe Deeply
- Posture is Key
- Watch the Words You Speak
- Only Have Sensible Fears
- Create Goals that Energize You
- Celebrate Little Wins
- Document Your Life
Even at face value – this list should be a good way to check the elements of your life that can really create new abundance of vibrant living. I’ll be sharing exercises and lessons that coincide with this list starting next week. Stay Tuned!!
In the meantime, you are also welcome (if you live in my area of Hampton Roads) to attend Weekly FREE Power Talk and Mindset Training at my studio: The ARTINSPIRED Center … Every Saturday at 930am – 1130am.
I’ve been devising a formula in my little corner of the world. A formula to give a ton of people FREEDOM and CONFIDENCE. It’s not anyone else’s concoction – IT’S MINE – – – mwhuahaha *crazy grinning*
SERIOUSLY – I thank God for the insights he has given me and continue to provide me. So technically this comes from the UNIVERSE and for that I am grateful.
What am I rambling about?? Well, it is my D.R.E.A.M. Formula for Success™ – 5 Must Have Principles to Achieve Every Goal … I am often asked what steps I take to get many of my dream goals realized and it’s not always easy to explain just in passing. This led me to creating programs of EMPOWERMENT at my studio – The ARTINSPIRED Center – and eventually coaching others through personalized processes since 2010. In the beginning I focused on mainly Artists and Photographers which then grew into coaching other coaches, entrepreneurs and other major goal setters.
This year I’ve been testing formats and hosting sites to finally offer these types of classes online. While it is hard to replicate the in-person experience with recordings or workbooks – I am working hard to create an online / self-study process that will provide the rewarding transformation people are seeking.
I want to take a moment to congratulation a couple of my coaching clients for the work they have been putting into our projects using my D.R.E.A.M. Formula for Success™:
Jackie Condict, MBA reached a milestone yesterday with her lifestyle coaching business by launching her Website https://justjackiesolutions.com and Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/justjackiesolutions/ We have been working together on crafting the new chapter in Jackies’ life. She is multi-talented woman and it was time to bring all her skills and vision together in a business she has aptly named “Just Jackie Solutions”. She is also uprooting to move back to her home state of Pennsylvania after living in Virginia for over 10 years. We will be continuing our collaboration and you will be seeing more from Jackie in the upcoming months. She has embraced all the new possibilities and is on her way to big success.
Wanda Slade is a Mary Kay Consultant and has loved being affiliated with the company for over 4 years. She has gone about her business goals like most people I meet out in the world – meeting people, doing the occasional facial and/or party, posting on Facebook relentlessly and just hoping for clients to buy from her and book a party. Unfortunately, it has only brought a trickle of success and even more disheartening – she had been using her personal finances to cover the shortages in inventory and order placement. Now, I know that there are many successful women in the Direct Sales business but Wanda’s lack of consistency in personal accountability, confidence, client correspondences, daily and weekly progress, and overall goal setting. – – – What Wanda needed was a system… first for her personal finances and then for the business. – – – For the past two months, I have been coaching Wanda to get her personal budget under control. I’m happy to say that she has reached so many milestones in just under 60 days!! ::: I’ll be interviewing Wanda soon so that you can hear it in her own words ::: But this has really been exciting for her and for me as her trusted adviser. We are now under way to start tackling her business goals and I can’t wait to see how the rest of year develops.
Later today I’ll be doing a public speaking engagement for Riverside Child Development and Learning Center where I will be teaching people on
“Living a Vibrant and Stress Free Life”
Thank you for all for being engaged with me and my mission to help as many people achieve their Dreams and Passions through experiences that lift the soul.
Feel free to contact me if you need help achieving your DREAMS!!!
What is the most effective way to get out of a funky mood?
BE GRATEFUL / BE THANKFUL
This may sound too simple and too “New Age” but I tell you if you are fortunate enough to break through into creating this state of mind – it is life changing.
Monday was a tough day for me and I took a little dip into “reality” – but I really didn’t like it. I even got a self-induced headache from it . . . and I rarely get headaches anymore.
So I woke up yesterday with a different attitude and started going through the things that I was thankful for: My Faith / My Husband / My Kids / My Career / My Friends / My Home / My Pets / My Skills / My Health / My Parents / My Resources / My Future
And then of course, like a brilliant magnet – that GRATITUDE attracted many blessings yesterday:
- Got to my first meeting on time and made a new friend during the open networking segment. I then noticed that Rylee – whom I’ve known since she was in High School as one of my Ballroom Dance students and then later as ARTINSPIRED’s preferred massage therapist was present. What a treat! – – It was a sign that relaxing was acceptable – – Her business name is RELAX with RYLEE.
- I was then handpicked by Lindie Yardley to announce her at the meeting for her 10 minute. That may seem insignificant but it was a way to bring me back into a spotlight after spending the past 24 hours trying to hide from it. (Lindie was brilliant BTW – Click here to see)
- After the meeting, I was invited to do a one-on-one meeting with a member that won a Panera Bread Gift Card and he wanted to use it to treat me to lunch! WOW… and come to find out that Jack Woodford is a retired military Chaplin and was having lunch with a man of God! He now works for Modern Woodmen – Fraternal Financial whose mission is to provide insurance for Widows and Orphans and life insurance for all – very fitting for what triggered my sullen mood to begin >> the tragedy of lives lost in Texas on Sunday. It was a healing lunch. So grateful!
- My coaching client Tanesha Joi of Joi Photography was over my house and her tenacity for working towards achieving her goals is out of this world! I am always very thankful when people are so positively driven – it makes me feel that my mission to improve lives is really on track. Coaches, Mentors and Instructors put our hearts into making sure we deliver knowledge in a way that is effective. But alas – it takes the student’s full commitment to fully realize this collaboration. It brings such JOY into my soul when this happens!!
- I met with my assigned partner Rick Brandt of Copper Fox Distillery for Dancing with the Williamsburg Stars and I got there on time taking the highway on a rainy late afternoon (in Hampton Roads that is a MIRACLE itself). We chose our dance and our song and I’m so excited! BTW here’s where the coincidences are uncanny. My alma mater is Sweet Briar College where our mascot is the VIXEN – a copper female fox and of course I would be dancing with the owner of Copper Fox Distillery lol
- My Salsa Lesson that I taught at the Ford’s Colony Ballroom Dance Club was a fun time! Confirmation again that I’m making an impact on people’s lives – giving them loving support in achieving goals and together we can do anything!! ::: Check out the dancing here :::
- As I drove home, I was able to coach Marielle Say Founder & CEO at The Sorter Girls who resides in Singapore! She is on her way to a huge milestone that is going to change the course of her business – so exciting. She is on top of everything I have been privileged to share with her. MORE confirmation of the work I’m so happy to do!!!
A day filled with outside confirmation was brought to a gentle close coming home to my loving husband and children. All of whom were super sweet angels and I praise God for it all! Thankful indeed!!!
I’ve been toying with the notion of really getting a regular blog together. I don’t know about you, whether or not you have been intrigued by those who have a really amazing blog – the kind that are regularly filled with brilliant thoughts and personal experiences. Would this entry be the start of that? I’m not sure. I’ve had many starts of different blogs but no real commitment to keep it going regularly.
So here we are … perhaps I need to express my thoughts in writing tonight. I do find writing cathartic. I’ve had a whirlwind of emotions circling around me lately and yesterday’s tragedy in Texas has really put me in a bind. I’ve been struggling to make sense of so many things that we as a collective humanity have been experiencing.
You see – I’m a promoter of achieving dreams and goals. I coach people through my creative business called ARTINSPIRED with Utopian ideals and just an overall mission to help people see the positive side of life. I set out to be a good example of the lessons I teach others however today, I just wanted to take a moment to reflect.
Today’s reflection consisted of UNPLUGGING as best as possible. I returned a few phone calls, ran a few errands – nothing out of the ordinary but it was with as little gusto as possible. I did end up giving myself a little headache and shoulder tension – all which I rarely get when I’m in my normal state.
Maybe I wanted to check what being not so chipper felt like. Maybe it was just the exhaustion from feeling so many things from the negativity of the world. None of us are immune from awareness of things that are tragic but I think we can keep fighting to keep our positivity as rich as possible.
So overall, no big revelations today. Just me feeling less than me. I do appreciate everyone in my life that live it BIG. I guess that’s what we are here for and what I’m here for.
Here’s to DREAMING BIG regardless of the how the state of the world may seem. GOD bless everyone tonight.
Where are you right now? What are you feeling? There may be circumstances that are making you feel stuck and frustrated. Whether it is financial or emotional, you can choose to implement some key steps that can change your life.
Here are some great items to ponder:
1. BREATHE – Breathing benefits you physically, emotionally and mentally. Here you can start finding your clarity.
2. MEDITATE – No matter the form, just find a way to reach your calm and balanced state.
3. PRAY – Ask God for guidance and release your burdens.
4. FAITH – Feel that the reasons are there and that good fortune is on its way to you.
5. JOURNAL – Write down your intentions and where you want to be. You can even use it to express your gratitude and for praying.
6. YOGA – Stretch the body and eat well. This practice can really strengthen you and keep blood flow functioning well.
7. VISION BOARD – Clip magazines or create a PINTEREST board filled with images that empower you to keeping focused on your goals.
8. CONTRIBUTE – Somewhere an organization or individual needs your help. Volunteering can give you a bigger sense of purpose.
9. GO SOMEWHERE – Physically remove yourself from the space you are in. Take a walk or a drive and change the scenery.
10. SLEEP – Get some rest and wake up determined to take the action you need. You need energy to accomplish your desires.
11. POSITIVE TALK – Words have Power! Be mindful of what you let leave your lips. Try to watch every word you utter and be sure it is always positive.
12. LAUGH – Seek out something you find hilarious and change your frequency to one of pure joy.
13. SMILE – Your body responds to you smiling. Try it now and see how you feel. Take a selfie so you can see that you look better when you do.
14. CREATE A PLAYLIST – Music is a great way to keep you feeling empowered and vibrant. Feel free to sing or dance along.
15. CLEAN UP – Pick up around your office or home. The clutter can affect your mood, so choose to do something about your surroundings. Prep your space for efficient work and stay organized.
16. DRINK WATER – Hydration can keep you feeling better and avoid ailments.
17. IMAGINATION – Choose to see your circumstances improving and that the future ahead is filled with new possibilities.
18. LOVE – You are capable of showing love for the things you cherish and adore. Get on this frequency and you can accomplish many things.
All these items are attainable and can be utilized by anyone. Choose one or all of the listed things to start building your momentum towards positive change. There are also groups out there that you can align with to start moving in a direction that is going to provide happiness and security. Create a bubble around yourself and only let in people and thoughts that are positive.
You are in charge of your life. You can do this.
~ Marilen Crump
There is so many amazing things that I want to say that I am grateful for – I am in awe of all the blessings that are happening around me. A big source of joy is connecting with others through my business. I am happiest when I help others grow in love and understanding. I love to encourage people that I am in contact with.
As a business owner and one that shares the triumphs of business – I have decided to start a chronicle of the ways my business is growing and engaging. Perhaps it will give others ideas on how to organize their process, give them insight into what can be done or accomplished – or perhaps – just a nice read to satisfy any curiosity that one may have about the mind of an entrepreneur.
For consistency on each of these posts, I will list the business area and a quick bullet(s) update 🙂 Here goes:
- Taught a fun Bollywood Dance Fitness Class this morning
- Still coaching a select number of clients for weight loss and strength
- Kat is starting her brand of kickboxing tonight
- Danielle Spaulding of The YOGA Barre checked in to say hello (She’s located in Washington State) it’s fun to network on the internet with like minded biz owners
- The YMCA is marketing us for an upcoming race Victory at Yorktown 10K Run/Walk & Family Fun Run/Walk. We will have flyers in the race packets and we donated 4 vouchers for our studio.
ARTINSPIRED PAINT NIGHTS
- Looking to schedule more upcoming PAINT NIGHT classes – definitely going to paint from a photo capture of Teepees that I took at the Grand Canyon. That should be the upcoming one. Will be planning on creating a registration page tonight.
- Met with my studio manager Kristen Baxley who I got to speak to about our mission to strengthen couple’s relationships through our dance program. The main focus is teaching COMPASSION and a deeper understanding of LOVE
- Danielle Jackson – Professional Photographer (VAPhotoClass Apprentice Graduate) contacted me to partner up on marketing efforts. We will be displaying her work at our Ballroom Studio and in turn she will help us spread the word about our classes through social media. Win Win 🙂
- Two new couples will be joining us at the ballroom tonight – always exciting! They found us through our FB ad.
- Last night we had a new couple as well! It’s exciting to see our newest location grow 🙂 Shout out to Coralita Straughn for all her awesome instruction!
- I updated our MEETUP Group : 757 Peninsula Social Dance & Movement today with the info about tonight and Thursday. I need to get caught up with the calendar this week to get at least 5 more weeks scheduled on our page so that people can plan on coming to more classes 🙂
- Met with one of my awesome apprentices Kristen Gonzalez of KPG Moments Photography … she has been diligent in her “homework” as I call it. We are marketing her for High School and College Senior Photography as well as Intimate Weddings. Fun things coming up for Kristen!
- Kelly Marderosian and I are working on our concept for marketing her services for Senior Portraits in Gloucester and the surrounding area. Update soon!
- Interviewed a new potential apprentice yesterday 🙂 She was super nice and had a fun portfolio. I hope to hear from her this week so we can get started in time for the Saturday Fundamentals workshop this weekend.
IDEATION ACTION – COACHING AND MARKETING SERVICES
- Consulted an Entrepreneur in England through a Zoom call today. She was seeking help for her lead pages but first I needed clarification on her current business plan and where she wanted to get to. My suggestion was to implement a couple of empowering changes and to get a handle on tough decision that can help her succeed in her new areas of business. It is a beautiful service she is providing her clients – I know she will do great!
- Got a compliment from another new client that booked yesterday. She is in Pennsylvania and we had a great skype call yesterday about her website. She is an IT Guru and will be coaching other women in the field to help them reach new entrepreneurial heights! Truly inspirational and I’m glad to be of service. My staff editor Heather Grubb will be helping to proof the new changes.
- I’m mentoring Heather regarding her role as an editor and how she can organize a plan to realize more abundant opportunities in her life.
- I am coaching my friend Wanda to discover what she wants to create as a business. We are on the brainstorming portion 🙂
BOOKS – PUBLICATIONS – ARTWORK – PHOTOGRAPHY
- I’m currently working on a fun EBook that will launch before the end of the month! Heather Grubb is helping me edit and so far I am on page 7. It is an instructional book with great images and information. ** Will reveal closer to launch **
- Uploading photos from the Swink Wedding ❤ Tons of pics!
- Finishing mastering photos from Nicole Negron-Aponte’s shoot – EPIC shots that will be used for her new record! She will be recording soon in Los Angeles – such a wonderful singer, friend and inspirational woman!
- I have an itch to paint something fun for the upcoming Art Show at our studio… but all my supplies are at the Port Warwick studio lol – must bring some home so I can get to work on it.
PERSONAL – FAMILY
- I’m working on my personal development and joined Carrie Green’s FEA network and was on her live WOW Week Webinar today after my meeting with Kristen Baxley (Yes there are 2 Kristens in my life). The webinar was inspiring as is the group that we get to be a part of. My gratitude to all the hard-working women in the world!
- Thank you to AMANDA ELLIGAN for all her coaching!!! Achieving great things this year with her as my coach 🙂
- Everyone is healthy and doing well! I hope to meet all my goals to treat them all for a great reward.
- I’ve been eating well… not eating red meat actually. Decided to do it for the entire LENTEN season but I think it will be manageable do for here on out. I feel great and have more energy – go figure!
- The house can use a little TLC… with all the business stuff – – – – um… I’ll figure it out 😉
Soooooo that’s today’s update. Thanks for the support and all the encouragement. 🙂
LOVE ~ Marilen J. Crump
2015 marks the 15th year of my ArtInspired business and I am still as passionate about it as I ever was. A lot has happened in that time frame…
I began my career in 2004 taking photographs for Virginia based performers and actors while living in Richmond. I had just graduated Sweet Briar College with a self-designed Bachelor of Arts Degree in multidisciplinary arts and had started my photography habit back in high school, so I had already earned a ton of experience shooting photographs of fellow artists on campus. Their photos would in turn result in referrals from talent agencies in Virginia.
I then worked on my certification and enrolled in the New York Institute of Photography back when it was film based. It really deepened my understanding of the really technical points of the medium and enhanced my confidence in running it as a business. I combined my photography services with my web design knowledge and included my own performance experience into the mix.
By 2004 I had joined the Professional Photographers of America (PPA) and was getting steady work from referrals and through networking mediums. I was also making the switch to digital which helped the speed of service I was able to perform for my clients. I transferred from Richmond to Hampton Roads where I have been ever since but still have clients that I service in the RVA.
Currently, I am a happy professional based in Yorktown, VA with my husband Ken and our (5) five amazing children! I have found that Hampton Roads has the perfect blend of scenic spots like beaches, parks and urban scapes which add to the flavor of my work. We have a private studio located in Kiln Creek and another location in the Stoney Creek Division of Newport News off Denbigh Blvd. and Jefferson Ave. I teach others the Art of Photography as well as dance based instruction in Ballroom, Latin and Fitness.
I am working on great ways to combine even more service with the years of experience that I have gathered under my belt. The future looks very promising for ArtInspired and I am thankful for everyone that has come across my path that has helped me learn, grow and develop. It has been very worth the while.
Thanks for taking a moment to read this post 🙂 Let me know if I can be of service to you!